- Time zone – GMT+2
- The currency of Swaziland is the Emalangeni which is interchangeable with the South African Rand (R1 = E1). Rand Notes can be used throughout Swaziland. To exchange today’s rates use www.xe.com .
- Banks and International ATMs are available throughout Swaziland. All major credit cards are widely accepted.
- English and the musical siSwati are the official languages. English is widely spoken throughout the Kingdom. Click here for some useful Swazi greetings.
- Climate in Swaziland varies according to the landscape and is particularly good in this western region. Summers are warm and sunny reaching a maximum of 30° C; while the dry season (May to August) is mild, with cool mornings and evenings, and warm sunny days.
- Electricity and Adaptors – 220V as in South Africa (Adaptors are available at the hotel)
Border Post Times
|Oshoek||07:00 – 22:00||(from Johannesburg)|
|Josefsdal||08:00 – 16:00||(from Barberton – scenic but dirt/gravel road)|
|Jeppes Reef||07:00 – 20:00||(from Malelane Gate in Kruger Park & Nelspruit)|
|Golela||07:00 – 22:00||(from Durban)|
|Houtkop – Emahlathini||08:00 – 18:00||(from Drakensburg & KwaZulu-Natal Battlefields)|
|Namaacha||07:00 - 20:00||(from Maputo - Mozambique)|
|Goba||Open 24 Hours||(from Maputo - Mozambique)|
Passports and Visas
All visitors to Swaziland require valid passports. Visas are NOT required for most countries.
Check Visa Requirements. For further information please do contact us.